2013 Awards Categories

2013 Awards Categories

Postby TudorRose » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Admin have put their heads together :idea: and come up with what Awards should be given in 2013. An attachment is posted for your suggestions and comments. We will listen to serious suggestions and recommenations but please do not suggest any new categories unless in replcement of one listed as it is impossible to increase the amount of Awards any further.

We look forward to your views :D

Sue, Pete & Hank

Categories for 2013.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We All came here on different ships, but we're in the same boat now!
TudorRose
Site Admin

Re: 2013 Awards Categories

Postby SteveO » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:24 pm

I think this is broadly (excuse the pun) spot on. The only things I would change are

i) make it clear that you mean the best public moorings (sez Nikki), or we will all be voting for Admin Island .Tee. .Tee. .Tee.

also on this one, the moorings need to be maintained by a business, otherwise who are we giving the award to?

ii) I am not clear how the young employee awards would work. We are going to get nominations about people we haven't met and the danger is we will be deciding on based on the merit of the sponsor's description and not necessarily on personal experience of what the young person does. Maybe better to start with one award in this category, male or female, until we see how it goes?

iii) I would like to see the Best Broadland Pint re-instated as most of us experience this at some point during our holiday and most of us know what a good one tastes like.

Cheers

Steve
Old enough to know better
SteveO
Master at Arms

Postby TudorRose » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14 pm

Missing out Broadland Pint was an oversight and will be rectified -uu- :Ale .ph.
TudorRose
Site Admin

Postby Paul » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:50 pm

perhaps the best pub food could be further renamed to include restaurants?
If Britain must choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea.”

Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill
Paul
Boatswain

Postby TudorRose » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi Paul,

We used to have a Best Restaurant Category but dropped it as we received so few nominations and assume most boaters prefer their pub grub. We would happily incorporate Best Pub Food to include restauants if someone could come up with a name for the Award which is not too long. Best Pub or Restaurant Food is too long and Best Broadland Food could open it up to takeaways, Cafe's, even shops really.

Suggestions :hi:
TudorRose
Site Admin

Postby TudorRose » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:33 pm

We answered Steve's suggestions in Chat the other night but I will explain them here so everyone can hear them too.

i) make it clear that you mean the best public moorings (sez Nikki), or we will all be voting for Admin Island .Tee. .Tee. .Tee.

also on this one, the moorings need to be maintained by a business, otherwise who are we giving the award to?

And why should Admin Island not win? We are already growing plants for next spring and hope she will be 'Blooming Lovely' next year .Tee.

If the mooring is not owned by a business and is a public spot maintained by the Parish Council or BA then the Award would go to them. .clap.

ii) I am not clear how the young employee awards would work. We are going to get nominations about people we haven't met and the danger is we will be deciding on based on the merit of the sponsor's description and not necessarily on personal experience of what the young person does. Maybe better to start with one award in this category, male or female, until we see how it goes?

The Young Employee Awards are very much a work in progress and were suggested by one of the business people at the Awards ceremony who said he would also like to sponsor an Award for youngsters. I've since had contact from a major business organisation who has a very prominent local business lady who is also interested in an Award for young people, so we thought the best thing would be to make a male and female award.

Exactly how this will work is still to be decided and the ideas posted in the PDF were just our thoughts. Discussions will start in earnest with the sponsors and local businesses shortly and we will keep you up to date with any developments. It may be that these 2 Awards go to an external vote but still stay under the 'Broads Awards' umbrella. -um-

As previously posted the omission of Best Broadland Pint was an oversight and as one of the most important awards obviously will still stand. .ph.

Anyone with anymore ideas or suggestions please keep them coming as we would like to get the 2013 Awards finalised in the next week. Thanks
TudorRose
Site Admin

Postby roya » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Best Eatery,
,in the U S A it means a sit down served meal,it does not seem to matter if its a Diner Bar or Restaurent
just a thought .
just old and knackered.

ROYA
roya
Liaison Officer

Postby TudorRose » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:01 pm

I'd thought of that one too Roy, but it also covers Cafe's -um-
TudorRose
Site Admin

Postby cupidsrose » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:24 am

Hi, everybody, I am a new friend. Thanks
cupidsrose
Dunsail

Return to Broads Awards 2012